What is the "Nurse-Family Partnership" program?
It is a special home visitation program for first time moms and their babies. The mother and child are visited in their home regularly by public health nurses over a period of 2 years.
First time mothers that are income eligible and living in:
You are eligible for the program in your first 6 months of pregnancy. The earlier you apply the better.
|What are the services that are available?
A Public Health Nurse comes to your home, doctor’s office or school to provide individualized care to meet your needs before and after delivery.
Your Public Health Nurse will help you:
- Have a healthy pregnancy and healthy baby.
- Become a better parent.
- Build a strong network of support for you and your baby.
- Make your home a safe place for your baby to live and play.
- Get referrals for healthcare, childcare, job training and other support services in the community.
- Find ways to continue your education and develop job skills.
- Set goals for yourself and your family’s future and find ways to help you reach them.
Where to call for referral information?
More information is available at the
National Nurse-Family Partnership web site.